There have been major changes to the welfare benefits system in the past few years. Most people claiming benefits will be affected by these changes.
In the past two years:
- Many tenants have been affected by the Bedroom Tax or have had benefit payments reduced as a result of sanctions.
- The Scottish Welfare Fund (providing Community Care and Crisis Grants) has replaced much of the Social Fund.
- Personal Independence Payments (PIP) created as a new disability benefit.
In the next few years we will be likely to see:
- current claimants of Disability living Allowance being assessed under the PIP scheme.
- Universal Credit gradually being introduced across the country as a replacement for a number of existing benefits.
See the detail pages for more information or contact our Welfare Rights Officer, Stephen Lawson, by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 330 1487.