If you need to move outside the area to work, study or provide support to a relative, you can apply to sub-let your home to someone else. If you sub-let, you remain responsible for paying the rent and for any problems caused by your sub-tenant.

We normally approve sub-letting for up to two years. After this, you must either return home or give up your tenancy. If you give up your tenancy, your sub-tenant must leave the property so we can re-let it.