Welfare and money advice
We offer a free, confidential and independent advice service to anyone who lives in a property rented from or factored by Partick Housing Association.
Contact our Money Advice Officer for help and advice on all social security benefits and tax credits. We can help you:
- complete claim forms
- deal with letters about benefits or tax credits
- contact and speak with benefits or tax credit offices.
- with appeals against decisions
- claim all the benefits and tax credits you’re entitled to.
- choose the right benefits to claim.
- Maximise your entitlements to benefits.
There have been major changes to the welfare benefits system in the past few years. Most people claiming benefits will be affected by these changes.
In the past two years:
- Many tenants have been affected by the Bedroom Tax or have had benefit payments reduced as a result of sanctions.
- The Scottish Welfare Fund (providing Community Care and Crisis Grants) has replaced much of the Social Fund.
- Personal Independence Payments (PIP) created as a new disability benefit.
In the next few years we will be likely to see:
- current claimants of Disability living Allowance being assessed under the PIP scheme.
- Universal Credit gradually being introduced across the country as a replacement for a number of existing benefits.
Click the links on the left of the page for more information.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0141 330 1487. You can book an appointment at our office or we can visit you at home.