Equality and diversity
We believe in diverse, sustainable communities where people have the chance to expand their opportunities, exercise choice and maximise their potential.
We promote an environment of respect and understanding, where people’s needs and differences are identified, respected and valued by everyone in the community.
Equality, diversity and fairness are an integral part of everything we do for our customers, staff and the community.
Our Equality policy commits us to:
- increasing opportunities for people to access our services
- increasing opportunities for people to engage in shaping and improving our services
- removing barriers that can limit individuals’ and groups’ potential
- promoting equality, diversity and social inclusion in the communities we work in
- delivering equality of opportunity in all parts of our service and as an employer
- reducing inequality in the workplace and community.
We are proud to carry the Disability Confident symbol to show that we positively welcome job applications from people with disabilities.